How do you raise European Nightcrawlers?
How Do I Farm European Nightcrawlers?
- Purchase large, plastic bins to house your worms.
- Place 8 to 10 inches of dampened peat moss into each of your bins.
- Add your starter worms to the bins.
- Place the bins in a cool, dark place.
- Feed your worms food scraps or grains.
- Measure the pH of the bins daily.
How often should you feed euro Nightcrawlers?
Plan to feed your outdoor composting worms about once every 2 or 3 weeks. Be careful not to overfeed your worms. Night crawlers eat decomposing matter, or anything finely ground and soggy enough to be consumed.
What should I Feed my worms in my Nightcrawlers?
You should equally spread it throughout the cup, and you can also try to feed your worms by putting the coffee grounds on their top. You can also use other worm food like fruit and vegetable scraps, tea bags, pasta, bread, dry leaves, and other suitable foods for worms.
What kind of food does a European Night Crawler eat?
Do you have to bury food for Nightcrawlers?
No you do not have to bury food for nightcrawlers. They live in permanent tunnels and will come to the surface to collect food and bring it back down to their burrows. Interestingly enough, you will rarely see a nightcrawler come all the way out of its tunnel.