What should I ask in event feedback form?
General Survey Questions
- What is your level of satisfaction for this event?
- Which elements of the event did you like the most?
- What, if anything, did you dislike about this event?
- Are you likely to participate in one of our events in the future?
- How likely are you to tell a friend about this event?
How do you ask for feedback after a meeting?
Ask for examples of ways to improve, not about problems. You don’t want to ask questions that encourage a negative rant at the end of a meeting. Use “what can we improve?” instead “what went wrong?” By asking how to improve, you focus the group on improvement and solutions rather than criticism.
- Use SMART goals.
- Compare your event to relevant competitors.
- Make observations during the event.
- Ask for feedback from your guests on the day.
- Follow up with a feedback survey.
- Look out for media mentions.
- Analyse social media data.
- Calculate how many people attended.
What are some good feedback questions?
Customer feedback questions to improve a product or service
- What do you like most about our [product or service]? It’s always good to know what parts of your products are pleasing customers.
- What do you like least?
- What feature/option could we add to make your experience better?
- How could we have gone above and beyond?
How do you ask for feedback?
There are a few common types of question you can ask in order to receive feedback:
- Open-ended questions.
- Yes / No or rating based questions.
- Ask for honesty.
- Be specific and timely.
- Listen to learn.
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Take notes.
- Commit and follow up.
How do you politely ask for feedback?
Don’t be pushy, but rather kindly thank them for their consideration, and say, “I understand if you don’t have time to give me feedback.” You may even want to ask if they know anyone with the time and expertise who can help you if they can’t.
How do you ask for feedback from customers?
Ways to ask for feedback from customers
- Send an email.
- Use a pop-up survey.
- Add a poll on social media.
- Post a feedback or contact form on your website or app.
- Request a third-party review.
- Ask for article feedback.
- Send a text.
- Call on the phone.
What’s the best way to get feedback after an event?
Event and conference surveys are a great way to capture attendee feedback after the big day is over. Here are 10 quick tips on sending post-event surveys. Event planning is an adventure, to say the least. Locking down the venue, getting people registered, promoting it across channels, working out the logistics… the list goes on and on.
When is the best time to gather feedback?
Success is more than a day-of checklist. When the event is over, it’s the perfect time to gather feedback and plan for the future. Below we’ll share some quick tips on maximizing attendee feedback with event surveys. Whether you’re hosting a conference, a fundraising event, or an annual gala, you care about the impression you leave on your guests.
What’s the best way to ask a customer feedback?
Using these questions helps you understand things from the customer’s perspective as you get descriptive feedback. For example, “What do you think about the products?” Closed ended questions – These questions are narrow and can be answered with a single word or a pick from limited multiple-choice options.
How to send a survey after an event?
You can send your post-event survey over email, load it on iPads at the venue, or share the survey link manually. Just choose a survey distribution method that makes the most sense for your event. 2. Add photos and videos to your survey, like Dropbox did above.