How can you choose the best sources of your research?
How can I find good sources for my research paper?
- Make a list of research terms you can use when searching in the library or even online.
- Think about the kind of sources required by the assignment and also the kind of sources that are “good” for your question or topic.
- Review the works cited or bibliography section of sources that have already been helpful.
What are the rules in choosing a research topic?
Selecting a Topic
- brainstorm for ideas.
- choose a topic that will enable you to read and understand the literature.
- ensure that the topic is manageable and that material is available.
- make a list of key words.
- be flexible.
- define your topic as a focused research question.
- research and read more about your topic.
What are the three components of source credibility?
Her scale measured three components: attractiveness, trustworthiness and expertise.
What is the most important factor in determining speaker credibility Why?
A speaker’s perceived credibility is a combination of competence, trustworthiness, and caring/goodwill. Research has shown that caring/goodwill is probably the most important factor of credibility because audiences want to know that a speaker has their best interests at heart.
What are two elements that make a speaker trustworthy?
Trustworthiness (as perceived by the audience) Similarity (to the audience) Authority (relative to the audience) Reputation or Expertise (relative to the topic)
What are the elements of credibility?
In case of the Web pages, vast majority of researchers identifies two key components of credibility: Trustworthiness – related to well-intentioned, truthful, unbiased information and perceived goodness or morality of the source.
What are the 3 areas of credibility during a speech?
To build credibility you want to focus on three stages: (1) Initial credibility is what the audience knows and their opinion prior to the speech, (2) Derived (during) credibility is how the audience perceives you while delivering the speech, and (3) Terminal is the lasting impression that the audience has of you as …
What are the three main elements of ethos?
The 3 Elements of Ethos
- Phronesis is the wisdom or intelligence you have as a writer. By establishing your general aptitude and ability, you engage with your readers and build trust.
- Arete is the general moral virtue or charity of your argument.
- Eunoia is the goodwill you establish with the audience.